What Are the Benefits of Working with Holistic Practitioners? In our quest for physical health we often overlook our mental, spiritual and emotional wellbeing. Holistic practitioners believe that these are all closely related, and when you consult a holistic healer they will delve into all aspects of your life in an effort to establish whether your physical complaint has an underlying cause.
Many medical doctors today are under immense pressure, and do not have time to treat patients on a more holistic basis. It is therefore up to us as individuals to strive for a healthy balance between body, mind and soul.
We live in troubled times with constant reminders of issues such as global warming, crime and violence, and extreme poverty. The Covid19 pandemic has left us feeling vulnerable, and many of us experience stress in our everyday lives. Whether we are aware of it not, our emotional and spiritual wellbeing are constantly taking strain, and this eventually affects our physical health.
Eating good wholesome food and getting enough sleep and exercise goes a long way towards maintaining a normal balance in our bodies, but there are times when some assistance in the form of holistic medicine becomes necessary.
This is where the alternate practitioner comes in. Find someone who is qualified and who comes recommended if possible. It is important to feel comfortable with your holistic therapist. See the practitioner as part of your working team. Someone you can relax with and talk to openly about issues in your life.
Make a list before going for treatment. It will force you to think seriously about possible underlying issues and will help you remember the questions you want to ask.
Here are 7 of the more widely used alternate healing methods:
- Massage is great for an overall feeling of wellbeing. It reduces muscle tension, improves circulation and reduces stress. It helps to regulate blood pressure, and increases mobility and flexibility, opening up the body to healing.
- Naturopathy and homeopathy often overlap. Homeopathy is based on the belief that the body heals itself, and uses medicines made of minute quantities of natural substances which stimulate the healing process. These medicines are also regularly used by naturopaths. A naturopathic healer believes in the power of nature and the ability of the body to heal itself. A naturopath may also prescribe a diet and exercise routine, as well as massage or acupuncture.
- Acupuncturists insert very thin needles into the body at specific acupuncture points, stimulating nerve endings and muscles. It is said to balance the energy that flows through meridians (pathways) in our bodies, and is used mainly to relieve pain.
- Reflexology uses a method of applying pressure to points in the feet, hands and ears, stimulating the nerve endings. This is said to improve nerve function, increase energy levels, and relieves tension. It improves blood and oxygen circulation as well as bladder function, thus aiding the elimination of toxins.
- Reiki promotes deep relaxation, helping the body to release tension and stress. It is good for pain relief, helps release toxins, and enhances sleep and spiritual wellbeing.
- Chiropractors treat musculoskeletal problems through the adjustment of the spinal vertebra, in order to correct nervous system dysfunction and alleviate pain.
- Hydrotherapy is the use of water as an alternate treatment for pain relief and stimulation of blood circulation. This includes saunas, mineral baths and water jets.
Not mentioned in the list above are the many therapists who can be consulted for more deeply rooted emotional and mental problems. These include psychologists and psychiatrists.
You are ultimately responsible for your wellbeing: eat well, get out into nature and exercise. Love unconditionally and be happy!
The article above was contributed by Your Holistic Academy.
Related Videos about What Are the Benefits of Working with Holistic Practitioners?
What does a Holistic Health Practitioner do?
Holistic approach to health and wellness
Prescribing Nature for Health
Holistic Medicine Therapies & Experts
What Are the Benefits of Working with Holistic Practitioners?
benefits of holistic health, benefits of holistic approach, benefits of holistic medicine, holistic approach to health, types of holistic therapy, what is holistic health, holistic approach to health and wellbeing, holistic health wikipedia,